ACCESS PANELS THAT ARE ABOVE THE REST
- SIMPLE INSTALL
- HIGH GRADE ALUMINIUM
- FINISHED OR UNFINISHED
Simple to install, Summit low-profile trap doors are made from high grade aluminium and feature easy snap lock access.
- Remove the door from the frame.
- Create an opening within the plasterboard wall or ceiling by drawing around the inner rim of the Summit Trap Door – allow for an extra 5mm.
- Cut opening using a saw, and install the frame in the ceiling or wall.
- Ensure the frame is set square into the opening. Fix frame through the face of the plasterboard using approved screws (minimum two fixings per side, and maximum 300mm centres).
- For a secure fix, provide additional framing that is fixed to the ceiling framework around the opening. Re-fit door into frame and check operation prior to finishing.
- Remove the door.
- Skim & paint around the fitted frame
- Ensure all jointing material has been removed from the frame and door edge, as this will affect the door’s operation